The Village of New Minas in Nova Scotia needed two, 30-year-old welded steel tanks inspected. They turned to Greatario, the tank experts. Our Service Team can inspect and in most cases service, almost any water storage tank.
The team completed a full interior and exterior inspection of the tanks using a state-of-the-art ROV internally and drone / visual inspection externally. Numerous issues were found with the welded tanks including deterioration of the exterior coating and interior roof coating, issues with an out dated fall arrest system and more.
The village also noted issues with stratification and wintertime ice build-up in the tanks. The Greatario team installed a mixing system into each tank without draining the tanks or taking them offline. These mixers resulted in chlorine residuals in the reservoirs stabilizing which resulted in the conservation of liquid chlorine product, and ice was no longer an issue during winter months.
- Inspect two welded steel tanks
- Recommend necessary repairs / maintenance discovered during inspections
- Find solution to water stratification and wintertime ice build-up
- Low power mixing system installed
- Reduced ice buildup and chlorine usage
- ROV interior inspection while tank is online – no service interruption